From here it gets interesting

To say that the last month or so has been busy or stressful, would be an understatement.

Work things began heating up when Julie went out on disability for her shoulder surgery.  This changed everything with the way I work and has been super stressful for me.  I went from being able to easily handle my duties and work on projects some to being overwhelmed and it taking me longer than I am content with to get things done.  I’ve been spending half my day doing shipping and receiving plus working on making sure my normal stuff doesn’t slip through the cracks. It is starting to get super busy for holidays and I am thankful for the patience that the majority has shown during this time so far.

A few weeks into this Keith and I, had the opportunity to visit with some good friends of ours from West Palm Beach for a day.  It was fantastic, relaxing and just what the doctor ordered.  We had been stressing out a lot, in part due to my work and in part due to Seth, our eldest cat.  Seth had been sick off and on for a couple weeks and we were not able to get any real answers from the vet or the specialist yet and it was weighing on us a great deal.  Our visit started with a whale watching excursion down in Monterey Bay.  It was glorious to be on the water and the icing on the cake?  WHALES!  Not only did we see Russo’s dolphins, humpback whales but the rockstars of the whale world…ORCA.  It was so cool to be able to see all this.  It was the perfect start to the weekend and the best anniversary present imaginable.  It was Friday 11-1, and the day after our 13th anniversary.

Once we got home…well things slid downhill pretty fast for our peaceful relaxation.  Seth was getting worse and worse.  The vets could find nothing wrong with him and were beginning to think it was a tumor, likely on his brain somewhere that was affecting him with the symptoms he had.  Ultimately at 15 years old, the MRI and potential chemo/radiation treatment seemed like the worst thing to do for him.  We had a long talk with him and he let us know he was ready to go.  By Monday night, he had crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

At this point queue a wicked sinus infection that had me out for several hours everyday that week and falling further behind at work than I thought I could dig my way out of.

That was two weeks ago.  This last week, I felt pretty decently and am pretty caught up on everything right now.  Of course now is the time for the Holiday Season to begin and thus begin kicking my arse.  This is not a bad thing, it’s wonderful to be busy…but projects are languishing and well that bugs me.  I’ll be glad when the silly season is over.

I’ve started making gifts for Yule for those few people that I am close to and want to make them something special and for family.  Unfortunately, the side effect of being so busy is that I am not eating as much homemade meals as I was so there is way too much salt and preservative in my diet.  I’ll work on changing this and pre-cooking on weekends.  Sometimes you need to take 3 steps back to take one solid step forward.

Now I will share with you some of my pictures from the whale watching tour…it was glorious.

Tags: , , ,

Posted on 24 November '13 by , under Holidays, Life.