I recently had to write an essay about my Spiritual Journey thus far, and it was harder than I thought. For one, I had to write a similar essay when entering the program and I didn’t want to just regurgitate the original essay, but so much of the same stuff is true, well really all of it was except there have been a few changes in the last nine months. My Journey to Avalon course is reaching its conclusion, I have submitted every assignment and now am waiting to see what comes next. I believe I will have the opportunity to initiate as a Sister and move forward with Sister Level studies, and this really excites me.
The last nine months have been life changing for me, so much has happened. For one thing after much hemming and hawing and going back and forth and back and forth I made the decision to leave The Sacred Mists. It wasn’t a negative separation at all, I just felt lead a different direction, it was so hard to write the e-mail making it official, but those I love are still around me and I around them, and that is all that matters.
I have found home, I have found the destination at the other end of my heart string- it is Avalon, and the Journey has only just begun. There is so much discovering to happen and so many more questions to ask and to even think of, there is so much knowledge to seek and truth to discern and skills to master… and I am revved up and excited and rearing to go.
What am I working on now?
- Learning my around the Arthurian Tarot by the Matthews
- feeling more comfortable with Imramma
- Acquainting myself with the Chants used for Full Moon ritual, and since I am solo (the ladies are all several hundred miles away) writing my own, and for the Dark Moon also
- Reading, Reading, Reading- so many books, so many perspectives, so little time!
- My Book of Shadows- an ever growing and ever changing book of who I am, what I believe, what I strive for, what I long for, what I see, what I know, what I fear, what I want to know, who I want to be, what the Goddess means to me
- Drawing, doodling, coloring for relaxation
- Loving myself, ALL of myself
- Loving others
- Work, lots and lots of work taking up lots and lots of time
When will I be back? I don’t know, that isn’t a promise I want to make, but sooner or later I’ll be around to update!